UofL Physicians – provides testing and therapy for individuals of all ages with communication disorders. The clinicians in UofL Physicians – Speech-Language Pathology have extensive experience working with adults and children with speech, language, swallowing and cognitive disorders. UofL Physicians – Speech-Language Pathology clinicians are also faculty members for the University of Louisville, teaching graduate courses in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery and Communicative Disorders.
Diseases & Conditions
UofL Physicians – Speech-Language Pathology is able to evaluate and treat a variety of communication disorders including:
- UofL Physicians – Speech-Language Pathology is able to evaluate and treat a variety of communication disorders including:
- Adult neurological disorders such as aphasia, brain injury, apraxia, dysarthria. These disorders are often the result of a stroke, head injury or progressive neurological disease.
- Fluency disorders including stuttering and cluttering, which typically develop in children and may persist into adulthood. Sometimes a head injury can cause stuttering.
- Speech disorders such as childhood apraxia of speech, lisping, articulation disorders and phonological disorders. Related medical conditions might include cleft lip and/or palate, hearing loss and head injury.
- Language disorders because of delay (e.g., first steps), injury, autism and related disorders such as auditory processing.
- Swallowing disorders, including tongue thrusting, sensory-behavioral feeding issues and difficulty after a neurological change.
- Listening training (aural rehabilitation) associated with hearing loss and cochlear implants.
Treatments & Services
Our speech pathologists provide complete evaluation and treatment of speech, language, swallowing and cognitive disorders. In addition to traditional speech and language therapy for the various disorders, UofL Physicians – Speech-Language Pathology is certified to provide Interactive Metronome Therapy and to dispense the Fluency Master device to control stuttering.
Rhonda R. Mattingly, Ed.D., CCC/SLP
Specialty Areas: Speech-Language Pathology
Primary Practice LocationUofL Physicians – Speech-Language Pathology
UofL Health - Chestnut Street Outpatient Center
401 East Chestnut Street, Suite 170C
Louisville, KY 40202
Locations & ContactSee All 10 Locations
401 East Chestnut Street Suite 170C
Louisville , KY 40202 Get Directions
Call Us (502-583-3687)
4402 Churchman Avenue Suite 106A
Louisville , KY 40215 Get Directions
Call Us (502-363-7800)
3920 Dutchmans Lane
Louisville , KY 40207 Get Directions
Call Us (502-582-7406)
UofL Physicians participates in most major health plans in Kentucky. Coverage may vary by specialty. Coverage limitations are dependent on the terms of your personal health plan. This is not a guarantee that all services you receive will be covered by your health plan. Review your health plan provider directory and/or consult with your plan to confirm coverage.