If you’re experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately or go to your nearest ER.
Emergencies happen when you least expect them, but at UofL Health, we’re always ready to respond.
Each of our ERs is staffed 24/7 with board-certified emergency medicine physicians and specially certified nurses, with direct access to specialists and resources.
From chest pain to trauma, broken bones to stroke, know that expert care is always nearby.
Choose a location below for care close to home:
UofL Health – Jewish Hospital, 502-587-4421
- Nationally accredited chest pain center
- STEMI (heart attack) receiving center
- Primary stroke center
- Emergency Hand care
UofL Health – Medical Center East, 502-259-6000
UofL Health – Medical Center South, 502-955-3000
UofL Health – Medical Center Southwest, 502-995-2450
UofL Health – Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, 502-361-6391
- Serving the south Louisville community for more than a century
UofL Health – Shelbyville Hospital, 502-647-4000
- Serving as a vital community resource to residents of Shelby, Henry and Spencer counties more than 110 years.
UofL Health – UofL Hospital, 502-562-3015
- Only accredited Level 1 trauma center in the region
- First certified comprehensive stroke center in Kentucky
- Only dedicated adult burn center in the state
Diseases & Conditions
The UofL Physicians Emergency Medicine practice provides initial care and assessment for a full range of emergency conditions, including but not limited to:
- Heart attacks and heart conditions
- Stroke and neurologic conditions
- Burns and environmental injuries and exposures
- Shock due to medical diagnosis
- Infections — systemic and superficial
- Traumatic injuries and wounds
- Broken bones and hand injuries
- Respiratory disease, such as asthma and COPD
- Toxicological and poisoning emergencies
- Psychiatric emergency initial assessment
- Initial assessment of woman’s emergencies
Treatments & Services
Our physicians provide initial contact, triage and assessment as members of multidisciplinary teams. This multidisciplinary team approach is immediately available 24/7 for all patients and utilizes the most up-to-date techniques and equipment. Advanced diagnostics, including ultrasound and sophisticated imaging techniques, are available to provide superior care for complex patients requiring multiple surgical specialists.
ProvidersSee All 29 Providers
Heather Wingfeld, PA-C
Areas of Interest: Urgent Care | Emergency Medicine | Hospital Medicine
Primary Practice LocationUofL Health – Urgent Care Plus
UofL Health - Medical Center Northeast
2401 Terra Crossing Boulevard,
Louisville, KY 40245
Locations & ContactSee All 14 Locations
Louisville, KY 40202 Get Directions
Call Us (502-562-3000)
Louisville, KY 40215 Get Directions
Call Us (502-361-6000)
UofL Physicians participates in most major health plans in Kentucky. Coverage may vary by specialty. Coverage limitations are dependent on the terms of your personal health plan. This is not a guarantee that all services you receive will be covered by your health plan. Review your health plan provider directory and/or consult with your plan to confirm coverage.